Sunday, March 30, 2008

Windsor Sauvignon Blanc

2006
Mendocino County
Kenwood, California

Would drink again.

This Sauvignon Blanc was the second bottle from Windsor Vineyards that The Guy and I tried this weekend (out of four). It's scent was a bit tropical with pineapple being the main focus. It was a light straw color and the taste was pineapple with slight lemon and a hint of oak. The finish was fairly smooth with a slight Sauvignon Blanc zip.

I had this with a lemon yogurt pasta dish and stir-fried chicken. Just like I find Merlot is a great accompaniment to garlic-enhanced dishes, I find Sauvignon Blanc is excellent with lemon-flavored dishes.



You can't just say "I Love You",
You've got to live "I Love You".

-Ben Harper


8.0 out of 10
13.0% alc. by vol
Approx. $15 / 750 ml bottle
www.windsorvineyards.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.