Sunday, March 16, 2008

Woop Woop


2006
Shiraz
McLaren Vale, South Eastern Australia

***PARTICIPATE IN THE NEW POLL ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PAGE***

Will definitely drink again for the price - good value.


I'd sort of been avoiding this wine for many months because I don't know why. I think I thought the name was too silly nilly for the wine to be any good. I picked it up and really looked at it and saw it was from McLaren Vale and I took it more seriously and bought it. Another little positive: Woop Woop Winery is a supporter of Trees For Life. (http://www.treesforlife.org/)

Full-bodied, blackberry and licorice flavors, deep plum color and a decent finish make this wine a pretty good value. Good on its own and good with fresh parmesean and apricots and later, pizza.

The deeper that sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain. Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
-Khalil Gibran

8.25 out of 10
$11 / 750 ml. bottle
15% alc. by vol.
http://www.woopwoop.com.au/

No comments: