Thursday, March 13, 2008

Red Truck



2005
Sonoma, California
Syrah, Petite Sirah, Cabernet Franc and Mourvedre Blend

Will probably drink again.


So, my co-worker "Deb" (who doesn't drink), gave me an article she'd printed out of her Sunday paper about a woman who reviews wines for a living. She did a brief article on the best "grocery store" variety wines for your buck. Deb said to me, "You should review the reviewer." I thought it was a pretty good idea, brought it home to The Guy, and he agreed. Only thing is I then lost the article (but I'm sure it will turn up again soon). Anyway, this was one of the wines she reviewed. Two of her other wines we actually did previously review here but I have to find the article to remember which ones (one was the Banrock Station Chardonnay I believe).

I honestly wasn't looking forward to trying this one. Especially when I smelled the cork and it smelled like red wine vinegar, I almost passed. However, I plodded on and it was good for it's price. It had a blackberry, slight worcestershire taste. It was better on it's own before any food. (The flavor became "cheap" following turkey, sweet potatoes and salad.) I would say it's medium bodied with somewhat of a finish and worth it's price.

Are you gone and onto someone new?
. . . Has someone taken your faith?
Its real, the pain you feel
The life, the love
You'd die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts
Your trust, you must
Confess
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?
I've got another confession my friend
I'm no fool

Best of You - Foo Fighters

7.75 - 8.0 out of 10 (undecided)
$9 / 750 ml. bottle
13.5% alc. by vol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was just up at Cline last month with my sister who is a big Red Truck fan. Talking to them we learned that they've sold off the Red Truck label but will be still be 'advisors' for the label. So look for a change in the wine if there already hasn't been one.

Cline makes a bunch of other great Zins, check them out!