Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Liberty School Cabernet Sauvignon



2005
Paso Robles
California



Would drink again.

I thought I'd reviewed this in the past, but apparently not. The Guy and I had a glass of Liberty School Cab ages ago on Martha's Vineyard and it was SO good. I haven't had that good an experience with the cab since. This is good. It's pleasant. It's drinkable. It's just missing a slight edge. Nice, safe berry flavor mingled with vanilla.

I recommend drinking it with beef or grilled foods. It's also good enough to drink on its own.

Hopefully this is the last of the "Cut and Paste" as I'm very happy to report that my broken camera has been repaired and is once again in my hands. I've missed taking photos of the wines we drink. I'm looking forward to getting "back in business" as I've felt something missing for the last few weeks.

"By making this wine vine known to the public, I have rendered my country as great a service as if I had enabled it to pay back the national debt."

Thomas Jefferson

8.0 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$14.99 / 750 ml bottle (on sale from $19)

No comments: