Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Twenty Bench

2005
Cabernet Sauvignon
Napa Valley, CA

Another entry from our friend "PasaRoblesCab" to whom "The Guy" and I are indebted as we are only reviewing wines on weekend evenings. As this is a Tuesday, we've got nothing new to review. But "PasaRoblesCab" had "Twenty Bench" this evening and filed the following report and accompanying photos:

This is a full bodied wine with deep rich cherries on the nose, and flavors of coffee and ripe blueberries. Distinctive character, with rich palate coating textures and lots of layers and depth. It has a long pronounced finish with full tannins and fruit, balanced with good acidity. Dark ruby color and surprisingly full for a wine of this price, about $18.50. This is what makes a young Napa Cab worth drinking. With A HINT OF CHOCOLATE and fresh berries I decided to melt some milk chocolate, which I don’t often eat. Dark chocolate is my poison, as I feel better after eating a 1 lb. bar due to its antioxidant power (wink, wink). The strawberries and milk chocolate weren’t as great as I thought but did compliment it somewhat on the finish. I think it did better with my mesclun salad with grilled lemon chicken and sea salt. I would definitely drink again and will most likely pick up a case or two to cellar as I am sure in a couple of years it wont be as affordable for a Napa Cab.



$18.50 / 750 ml bottle
14.3% alc. by vol.
www.ninenorthwines.com

No comments: