Saturday, March 15, 2008

Contrastes


2003
Red Languedoc
Saint-Chinian
France

Would drink again.


Not bad, just not as full as I had hoped. It's bouquet was inviting and I thought it would be very good. It reminded me (in scent) of a Barossa Shiraz. But it was much lighter in taste than I had hoped. The flavor was good. It was earth and olives for me. It took on a spicey finish following a bite of pepperoni bread. Overall, enjoyable though not as I had anticipated following the scent.

I have made a new friend from France. I am excited as he has friends with vineyards and he knows I am partial to Merlot. He is going to gather some info for me and recommend a wine or two from a region whose wine is comprised mostly of Merlot grapes. So stay tuned.

No thoughts, no poems, just a good day with two of my girls resulting in another "song of the day". It was one of those days I dreamed about when they were younger, but didn't know if it would ever happen. We went clothes shopping, got ourselves some Starbuck's drinks and drove home with the radio blaring (one of my juvenile behaviors I've been unable to let go of when I hear a song I like), all three of us singing at the top of our lungs, looking at each other and laughing. Priceless. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but I always thought my children's tastes and mine would never coincide. However, they have been patient listening to my favorites, and I have done the same for them, and sometimes common ground is found - like today.

I've got a way of knowin' when something is right
I feel like I must have known you in another life
Cause I felt this deep connection, when you looked in my eyes
Now I can't wait to see you again
The last time I freaked out
I just kept lookin' down
I st-st-stuttered when you
Asked me what I'm thinkin 'bout
Felt like I couldn't breathe
You asked what's wrong with me
My best friend Leslie said, "Oh she's just being Miley"
The next time we hang out
I will redeem myself
My heart, it can rest 'till then
Oh woah woah I, I can't wait to see you again

"See You Again" - Miley Cyrus

8.0 out of 10
$12.99 / 750 ml. bottle
13% alc. by vol.

No comments: