Thursday, April 3, 2008

Windsor Chardonnay


2005
Sonoma County
California

This was another wine we taste-tested out of four from Windsor Vineyards. I actually thought that I really liked this Chardonnay. It was medium bodied with a slight velvety feel. It also had a hint of mineral notes on the finish - which of course I am always in quest of. It was slightly buttery, with a little vanilla and oak. However, the more I drank it, the less I liked it. So it makes it hard for me to rate. If I had one glass only, I would be rating it 8.5. By the time I had almost three (and no more), the finish was tasting a bit "cheap" - a little metallic-like, yet the mineral tones were still there, keeping my interest nevertheless.

You make me feel like I wanna be a dumb blonde . . ."
-Paula Cole, Feelin' Love

8.0 out of 10
14.5% alc. by vol.
Approx. $15 / 750 ml bottle
www.windsorvineyards.com

No comments: