Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fonseca Bin No. 27 and 1996 Quinta da Romaneira

Fonseca Bin No. 27
Port Wines
Fonseca Bin No. 27 and
Quinta Da Romaneira 1996


I just saw today that "Abbi" posted way back in July about Campus Oaks 2003 LODI Old Vine Zin. She felt I'd under rated it and she's probably right as I was new to my own blog and didn't have my rating system down well enough. So, in the coming weeks I hope to re-visit either the 2003 Campus Oaks LODI Old Vine Zin or the 2004 (as Abbi also recommends that vintage).


If you're still around from time to time, Abbi, look for an updated post (and perhaps rating) and thank you for the support.


On to the Port I've been keeping since Thanksgiving:


Quinta da Romaneira
Being only a "Holiday" Port drinker, the Fonseca was perfect for me as it was easier to take. The Quinta was much heavier and sweeter. However, I must say that while I preferred the Fonseca overall, and absolutely preferred it with Pumpkin Pie at Thanksgiving, the Quinta accompanied Death by Chocolate at Christmas quite nicely. The Fonseca was too light. The chocolate flavor and Kahlua were accentuated by the Quinta. I highly recommend that pairing!

As these were both gifts from friends and family, I had to look up pricing. The Quinta I couldn't find available except for overseas. So the price is an estimate based on what I could find overseas.








8.25 out of 10
Fonseca Bin No. 27
Finest Reserve
20% alc. by vol.
$17.99 / 750 ml bottle

8.0 out of 10
Quinta Da Romaneira
Vintage 1996
19.5% alc. by vol.$25 / 750 ml bottle

This whole world may never change
The way it's always been
I know all the ways of war
Cannot change it back again
I've been searching...for the dolphins in the sea
Sometimes I wonder do you ever think of me...
I'm not the one to tell this world
How to get along
I only know that peace will come
When all the hurt is gone
I've been searching...for the dolphins in the sea
Sometimes I wonder do you ever think of me

Terry Callier and Beth Orton
Dolphins in the Sea

Posted by The Gal logged in accidentally as The Guy

No comments: