Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chinon



2004
Clos Du Chene Vert
France

Would drink again.

Another wine sent home with me from my uncle. The color when poured was a bejeweled ruby. I loved the scent of this wine and couldn't wait to taste it. I smelled Brie and strawberry and smoke. Although the taste was less berry than I would have liked, I did taste a slight Brie-ness and smoke. But it was a little on the drier side than I normally like, and, not enough big flavor for my total enjoyment. It was more light to medium body, leaning more on the light side. It did accompany Dill Havarti and wheat crackers nicely though.


In my humble amateur opinion, the tannins need softening on this one. A bit tart and would probably do well to stay in the cellar a couple more years.

Go, little book, and wish to all
Flowers in the garden, meat in the hall,
A bin of wine, a spice of wit,
A house with lawns enclosing it,
A living river by the door,
A nightingale in the sycamore!

-Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)Underwoods, I. 1, 'Envoy'

8.0 out of 10
12.5% alc. by vol.
Approx. $22 / 750 ml bottle
http://www.charlesjoguet.com/

No comments: