Saturday, August 25, 2007

Les Trois Poules Rose

2005
France
100% Grenache

"Wine brings to light the hidden secrets of the soul, gives being to our hopes, bids the coward flight, drives dull care away, and teaches new means for the accomplishment of our wishes." --- Horace (the leading Roman Lyric-Poet during the time of Augustus)


If "Mr. Pink" (Jeff Morgan, http://www.solorosawines.com/) is out there, I want to give you a heads up that I let the "Patel" family (liquor store owners, wine buyers, operators of http://www.getwines.com/, and Sommelier and Sommelier-in-training) know that I am interested in having them purchase your wines for retail at their local store. I don't know if anything will come of it, but I hope they at least make it possible for me to purchase it from them. (I know I can get it direct from your site, but I thought if I could get others interested, the better for you.)

Tonight I tried "Les Trois Poules" Rose. Slightly sweet strawberry followed by a sudden "disappearance of sweetness" and a light bitter edge. It was fairly good as long as it remained well chilled. I had a glass outside with me as I grilled dinner and the humidity and warmth of the air quickly took the chill away. It had a slight metallic taste at that point.

I grilled pork loin that I had marinated all day in "Bone Suckin' Sauce"
(http://www.bonesuckin.com/). The wine tasted "thin" following a bite of meat. But, it was good again following a bite of my parmesean-encrusted mashed potatoes. It was even better when I added my salsa concoction to my pork. (I chopped up cantaloupe, red onion and fresh mint and let it ferment together awhile and then put it over the barbecued pork.) The wine tasted really good following a bite of the the salsa and pork together.

All that said, it was a better Rose than the Tegernseerhof but not as good as the Turkey Flat. I still need a Rose that rocks my world.

7.25 out of 10
13% alc. by vol.
$13.99 / bottle
http://www.les3poules.com/

No comments: