Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mirone

Red Wine
Product of Spain
Vino de Mesa

Would drink again. Good everyday wine for the price.

"Mirone" was the signature of "Mir Geribert" who was the Prince of Olerdola (in Spain) during the 11th century. He came into confrontation with the Count of Barcelona, Berenguer Ramon I (1040 - 1059). I believe, though I could not confirm, the confrontation had something to do with Christianity.

This wine had me fooled all night tonight. It's bouquet was earthy and peppery and it tasted peppery and somewhat strong upon initial mouthful. But it had little to no finish whatsoever. It totally weakened out. This was prior to dinner. Once again, finally looking to my Wine Lover's book, I made the most AWESOME dish tonight: "Moroccan Grilled Chicken With Mint Sauce". I hope to post this recipe on my currently lame Chez Nathalie website if you should want it (give me 24 hours). Suffice it to say it was so good I can't wait to make it again. I happily grow mint in my (also) lame garden off my kitchen and used it in the recipe and it was supreme. This wine, though somewhat mild, was incredible at bringing out the flavors of dinner. The mint was enhanced following a swallow of wine. And as well, the roasted pecan and garlic whole grains I made were so much nuttier following a swallow of wine after a forkful. It was quite fun to experiment with. Having another glass followng dinner, the wine was more flavorful and had a slight finish that wasn't there before. Way cool. Yes I've had more than my alotted (1) glass.

7 out of 10
$6.99 / bottle (Cheap!)
13% alc. by vol.

No comments: