Thursday, June 14, 2007

Love My Goat

Bully Hill
Love My Goat
Red Wine

Ride it out with me.

Driving into work, pondering the world's troubles and what I can't do,
My thoughts are accompanied by Bono and U2:

"Heaven on Earth,
We need it now.
I'm sick of all this hanging around.
I'm sick of the sorrow.
I'm sick of the pain.
Sick of hearing again and again,
that there's never going to be peace on Earth."

Needing a distraction and a serious mood shift,
I visit "Wine World" on my way home.
If you buy six bottles there's a discount,
So I then peruse the store more and happily roam.

Before dinner I pour myself a glass of "Bully Hill"
Cover the glass, swirl, lift my hand then smell -
smoked turkey and lettuce on toast,
not quite sure if I've met heaven or hell.

SERIOUSLY. Smoked turkey, lettuce and toast. That's what I smell. The taste (to me) is interesting, weird. It gets me at first like grape juice, then tastes . . . meaty, like smoked turkey. Not much finish. The taste didn't change at all with dinner (ravioli and carrots). This is the first time I've tasted something outside of the "normal" range of flavors I usually encounter. It was actually a slightly wild experience. Although I'm not fond of the wine, I'm glad I tried it. I won't be buying it again. Hey! At least the experience lifted my mood.

6 out of 10
$7.99
11% alc. by vol.
Bully Hill Vineyards
Hammondsport, New York
http://www.bullyhill.com/

No comments: