Monday, June 18, 2007

Four Vines Biker Zinfandel

"The Biker"
2004
Paso Robles, California

"Wine comes in at the mouth and love comes in at the eye;
That's all we know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift my glass to my mouth, I look at you and sigh."

William Butler Yeats


Will definitely drink again.

I purchased this "once-a-month" wine (cost wise) for Father's Day dinner (the same dinner that is mentioned below with The Liberty School Chardonnay). It was good on its own and went well with aged cheddar cheese and Carr wheat crackers before dinner. The wine became more peppery following the crackers and cheese, and the cheese became more cheddar-y. I enjoyed it with the grilled pork loin as well. Again, it was spicey but it brought out the taste of the marinade (which had a bit of mint as well as many other flavors, but the Zin brought out the mint). The finish was long and satisfying. Overall, a good buy, even though higher than I normally try to spend.

8 out of 10
A whopping 15% alc. by vol. (the Guy liked that part and asked for more - I thought he should go do shots of vodka if that's what he was looking for - he also thought he witnessed a red flying ant come across the yard and land on our patio table, reach over its right "shoulder", tear off its right wing, then reach over it's left "shoulder" and tear off its left wing then walk away. I must admit that I teased him mercilessly about perhaps being the first witness to an ant superhero, but then some of the guys at work today told me they've seen bugs do that - I'm not exactly convinced.)
$23.99
http://www.fourvines.com/

No comments: