Sunday, April 20, 2008

Marques De La Villa


2005
Toro

Red Wine
Spain

Might drink again.

I recommend drinking this wine alone. Although it did accompany lasagna well, I enjoyed it a bit more prior to eating. After salad it was "yuck". This is a dry red with a hint of rasberry and heat in the scent. It had an earthy "hot rock" initial taste that I liked very much. That flavor was enhanced for a bit with the lasagna, but then it totally disappeared forever following salad.

My religion makes no sense
and does not help me
therefore I pursue it.

When we see
how simple it would have been
we will thrash ourselves.

I had a vision
of all the people in the world
who are searching for God

massed in a room
on one side
of a partition

that looks
from the other side
(God's side)

transparent
but we are blind.
Our gestures are blind.

Our blind gestures continue
for some time until finally
from somewhere

on the other side of the partition there we are
looking back at them.
It is far too late.

We see how brokenly
how warily
how ill

our blind gestures
parodied
what God really wanted

Anne Carson - "My Religion"

7.75 out of 10
$7.99 / 750 ml bottle

14.5 alc.by vol.

No comments: