Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rutherglen Tokay


Campbells
Non-vintage

Tonight's blog entry was contributed by PasaRoblesCab (Thank You :).


The non-vintage Tokay, a light amber color in a 375ml bottle was the perfect end to a wonderful dinner. To add to the flavor of roasted nuts, white raisins, prunes, figs, caramel, and marmalade, its full-bodied sweetness is balanced well by acidity. Sweet, spicy, generous range of flavors, offerings with hints of apricot, pear and vanilla notes. I loved the slightly musky scents, it reminded me of the maple syrup lollipops my grandmother would make. Of course they were in the shape of a maple leaf. (We are Canadian French.) This with a 1 lb. bar of Hershey's special Dark or Wine Lovers 61% Cocoa Dark was a definite match. (My pallet was opened with Sophenia Cabernet which was enjoyed with freshly grilled Tilapia and more garlic than one should consume in a single sitting.) I would certainly recommend this to someone on a budget. $19.99 for a bottle, which, although small, will last in the fridge opened for quite a while. This is great when you don't have any dinner parties planned and you want something sweet after dinner with your spouse or alone. Give it a try, you wont be sorry. My rating (which I never do) would be a solid Robert Parker 92.




$19.99 / 375 ml. bottle

No comments: