Saturday, April 26, 2008

Drouin-Marmet Reserve Champagne

Drouin-Marmet Reserve
Champagne
France (Mais Oui!)

Would drink again.

I'm not really a champagne fan except for in a breakfast Mimosa. But this was rather light and had no sweetness. Although there wasn't a whole lot of flavor, I enjoyed it very much as an accompaniment t0 strawberries and chocolate. And I didn't get a headache. :)


Remember gentlemen, it's not just France we are fighting for, it's Champagne!
~ Winston Churchill, WWI

I drink Champagne when I win, to celebrate…and I drink Champagne when I lose, to console myself. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte


7.75 out of 10
12% alc. by vol.
(No further info could be found as far as price, etc.)

6 comments:

Badger fan said...

Can you suggest where/how to purchase? I cannot locate a listing with an online retailer. THANK YOU

merlotsoul said...

badgerfan - I am afraid this was something from my uncle's cellar that is just not readily available elsewhere. I found little further information on it myself when I went looking. I put an email into my uncle for any advice and will let you know what I find out.

Badger fan said...

Thank you, I hope something turns up!

merlotsoul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
merlotsoul said...

badger fan!!

My uncle purchased this champagne this past December at Gary Vaynerchuk's "The Wine Library" in Springfield, NJ. Evidently he stocks champagne every December and again in summer - so you may get lucky.

(You can find The Wine Library on line too)

Good Luck!! :)

Badger fan said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!