Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Castello di Meleto Chianti


2006
"True Tuscan"
Tuscany, Italy


Would drink again if I could find it!

I had a glass of this wine last week at a wonderful little Greek-owned Italian restuarant. The food was awesome and I really enjoyed this wine. I am not usually fond of Chiantis (with the exception being Nipozzano Riserva Chianti I reviewed here on October 12, 2007 - first Chianti I've ever liked - see the archives on the left). But this is my second favorite Chianti behind the Nipozzano.

Although it was quite dry (which I don't normally like), the flavor was very good and it complimented garlic knots and baked ziti nicely. A deep dark garnet in color, it had black cherry aromas. The taste was warm, spicey cherry with slight vanilla and earth. It had a slightly long, warm finish.

Window rolled down
feeling the sun
Trying not to think
as the mind runs
Life running by
too much to do
Exhausted from the hunt
Finding relief with "The Who"
Cranking it all the way up to "Eminence Front"

8.0 out of 10
Approximately $16 / 750 ml. bottle

No comments: