Saturday, April 19, 2008

Zonte's Footstep


2006
Shiraz Viogner
Langhorne Creek, Australia

Might drink again.

The Shiraz-Viogner combo is something I've thoroughly enjoyed in the past. Tonight's was slightly disappointing.

Berry scent with spice, not a lot of flavor on its own. Sort of a weak finish, except when served with food. I served it with grilled chicken and zucchini and roasted peppers and mushrooms and onions. The flavor accompanied the food very well. Somewhat weak on its own, it definitely tasted better with the food. Both my stepfather-in-law and my step-father enjoyed it, especially with their dinner.

They called me to theirs,
Who controlled me;
Yet every one
Wished to stay, and is gone,
How am I theirs
If they cannot hold me
But I hold them?

-Ralph Waldo Emerson / Earth-Song

7.5 out of 10
$14/750 ml.bottle
14.5% alc. by vol.
www.zontesfootstep.com.au

No comments: