Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Red4 Vina Robles

Red4 Vina Robles
2004
Huerhuero
Paso Robles, San Miguel
California


Will definitely drink again. Although not wicked cheap, I think this is a great value - it tastes like a more expensive wine.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

This wine is recommended to drink now, and for the next (3) years.

Once again, I am enamored with a blend. This delicious wine is 60% Syrah, 28% Petite Sirah, 8% Touriga, 3% Tannat - hence the name: "Red4". The bouquet is hard for me to describe. It was enticing, though it was like a broccoli - red meat scent for me. Strange, I know. Slightly spicey, but really nice black cherry fruit and slight vanilla flavor with a hint of cocoa before the finish (vanilla and chocolate do actually work together). The finish is slightly peppery. I enjoyed this alone and with a Kashi (http://www.kashi.com/) Mediterranean pizza (spinach, fire-roasted tomatoes, red onion, sweet red pepper, feta cheese with whole grain and flax seed crust).

Let me tell you brother, she’s been sleeping in the Devil’s bed.
And there’s some rumors going round,
Someone’s underground,
She can rock you in the nighttime’til your skin turns red.
Woo hoo witchy woman,
See how high she flies.
Woo hoo witchy woman,
She's got the moon in her eyes.

Witchy Woman - The Eagles

8.5 out of 10
$13.99 / 750 ml. bottle
14.3% alc. by vol.

No comments: