Sunday, October 7, 2007

Clos du Bois 2004 Chardonnay

Voodoo Daddy's

2004
Sonoma Valley
California

Will definitely buy again.

We went to a family surprise party held privately down by the sub base at this little hole-in-the-wall bar "VooDoo Daddy's". We had a great time and I enjoyed a few glasses of Clos du Bois' 2004 Chardonnay. It was very good and really hit the spot for some reason. First taste was of strong oak and pear followed by intense buttery vanilla - just what I long for in a Chardonnay. I had a lengthy conversation with the bartender who did a great job of seeking me out and keeping my wine glass full. She's really young and her husband is serving in the Navy. He was home for the day and she had to work and he was shipping out for Japan the next day - not a happy bartender. But she still took care of me.

I did not take a picture of the bottle so I thought I'd share a picture my daughter actually took of the wall.

8.0 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$11-14 / 750 bottle
http://www.closdubois.com/



No comments: