Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kim Crawford 2006 Sauvignon Blanc

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc 2006
Sauvignon Blanc
Marlborough

Will drink again.

A striking scent of lemon, grapefruit, thyme and pear. Served well-chilled, this wine was excellent with halibut (visit http://www.cheznathalie.com/ for the exact recipe). It tasted good on its own, but I enjoyed it more with dinner. It was slightly more acidic than I like, but most sauvignon blancs affect me that way (I'm a Chardonnay girl when I'm not all things red). What I really loved about this wine was that it was all fruit until it followed a bite of my halibut and then the oregano in the recipe suddenly burst forward following a sip of the wine. The taste was right on with how it smelled. Mostly lemon, grapefruit and pear up front, followed by a little acid, then thyme, then a nice subtle mineral finish.

Questions remain unanswered
Frustration mounting
Candle burns
Years counting
Too much unsaid
Watch the flame
Confusion becomes the norm
Nothing remains the same
Trying to clear the head
Wanting shapelessness to take form

7.75 out of 10
13% alc. by vol.
$17.99 / 750 ml
http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/

No comments: