Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chapelle-St.-Arnoux Gigondas

Chapelle St. Arnoux Gigondas
Cuvee
2004
France

This was a good French wine - will buy again.

I bought this wine to go with "Boeuf Bourguignonne" (Beef Burgundy) - please visit http://www.cheznathalie.com/ for the recipe. I was looking for a Bordeaux preferably but ended up with this. It was really good, though it needed a little more "oomph". But I enjoyed it very much anyway. Although I felt it needed more fruit and did not seem to have a "burst of flavor", there was something about it I liked a lot. It did have a slight mineralness in the finish which I enjoy. It had a bit of a "warm rock" taste as well. It was very consistent and balanced. I enjoyed it more on its own than with the meal. I felt the meal needed a stronger wine to bring out the taste of the recipe and the wine did not hold up as well to the strong flavors of the meal. But it was good anyway.


She dances to "Wilco"
Round and round she goes
She bends down and looks at me upside down through her knees
Then she bounces up and spins until she's dizzy

I tell her to keep going when she wants to take a break
I want to write a poem about her dancing
And she laughs "Oh for Heaven's Sake!"

She's only six years old and cute as can be
Full of life and so much fun, oblivious to Time
Dancing to the chorus "Can You Leave Me Like You Found Me"
I can't imagine life without her as I sip my Gigondas wine

8.0 out of 10
$14.99 / 750 ml bottle
14% alc. by vol.

No comments: