Thursday, November 29, 2007

HRM Rex-Goliath Giant 47 Pound Rooster Cabernet



Non-vintage
Woodbridge, California
Cabernet Sauvignon



Might drink again.

My friend Mike at work (who also recommended the Dynamite Cab) also recommended I try this one as a cheaper every day wine. I finally purchased it, but hadn't tried it yet when my dad came for Thanksgiving. As he came through the door, from behind his back he presented another bottle of HRM Rex-Goliath! I was destined to try it.

I liked the claret color. The nose was a little bit broccoli mixed with a non-disclosed berry and a lot of alcohol. (I recall smelling broccoli previously with a different wine.) The taste was a little woodsey, a little non-disclosed berry, high alcohol, slight earthiness and a small heat finish. No broccoli showed up in the taste thank Heaven.

For the price, this is a good everyday kind of wine to have on hand for casual company. I actually brought a bottle with me to my wreath making gathering the other night and a couple of women commented that they liked it.

Someone said they paired this wine with barbecued pork and it was great. I could see how that just might be.

To everything . . .There is a season
And a time for every purpose, under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep
A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together
A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing
A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, A time for peace
I swear it's not too late

Adapted from Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds and The Book of Ecclesiastes from The Bible

7.50 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$7.99 / 750 ml bottle

No comments: