Saturday, November 3, 2007

CRUSH Proprietary Red Wine



2004
Dry Creek Valley
California

Will drink again.

I wasn't too sure at first about this wine. High alcohol content and a little bitter balanced slightly by vanilla and borderline "cheap" on the finish, but big fruit up front and in the middle with a pleasant (though slight) heat toward the end. However, with my pizza, it was terrific. Would pair well with a hearty, cheesy pasta dish also. For the price, it's a good "daily" wine for accompaniment to a casual dinner. Nice fruit, slightly oak and vanilla bouquet.

Will I ever see your face,
from across my table?
A guest having come to dine,
will we ever be able?
Chardonnay, Zin, Cab, Merlot or Port,
always pondering as I take in my wine.
True friendship is long, but life is too short.

8.0 out of 10
$9.99 / 750 ml bottle
15.%% alc. by vol.
Crush Winery, Healdsburg, CA

This post is by The Gal who accidentally posted under The Guy's log-in.

No comments: