Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kaelser Stonehorse 2005 Shiraz


2005
Stonehorse
Barossa Valley, Australia
Will drink again.

I look forward to Thanksgiving and having everyone here and then poof! It's over, they're gone and Christmas is on its way. I don't know where the time goes. I tasted approximately (11) wines over the last four days. I can't believe it, and I have no idea where to begin picking up this blog again. I decided to start with what I was drinking this evening and I will work my way back in reviews over the next week or more.

Kaesler was a Thanksgiving gift from my brother, so it was out of my usual price range. I loved it. No surprise - it was from the Barossa Valley. Pure purple in color, it's smell was of cherries, vanilla, oak and alcohol. The taste was warm black cherry, licorice, oak and vanilla and an alcohol finish that warmed the esophagus like Schnapps. But then the cherry flavor came right back after the alcohol. It was very, very good.


Though I have had it at various times these last few days with both sausage pizza and chili, I prefer it alone.


How do you go on, when bad things happen
To innocent people
When someone we love dies, and we still had so much to share
When atrocities and violations occur to helpless, trusting children
Everywhere
Around this world at any given time
When violence doesn’t have to be looked for
It’s always there, somewhere
We can’t always control what happens to us
And life can be so unfair
If you just remain open
Hope is there
It is in the warmth of the sunshine
The trusting grasp of a child’s hand in our own
The first bloom of a long awaited flower
The smell of the sky before the first snowflake hits ground
The heat of a fire upon the hearth
The comfort of bed at the end of a long day
A shared smile with a stranger that hits the heart
A dog’s wagging tail
Advice from someone we’d least expect to have something to say
It’s all in your control, you have choices you can make
Even when you’ve been wronged
Find the hope to make you whole
It’s never too late
To start again
To apologize to someone you’ve hurt
Or to pick up the pieces around you, and move on
You can always make a difference in someone else’s life
You matter, you have purpose
Even when your own life has been so full of strife
Don’t give in
Choose life
Start now, begin again.


8.25 out of 10
15.5% alc. by vol.
$29.99 /750 ml bottle

No comments: