Sunday, November 11, 2007

Nora Albarino


2005
Galicia River Banks
Spain


This was my first experience with an Albarino. I enjoyed it immensely. The Guy's mom and stepdad treated us to dinner a week ago and I decided to give Albarino a try. The waitress tried to talk me out of it. She said it was too thick and too sweet. She let me taste test it and I loved it. It tasted good on its own, with appetizers, with salad, and everyone's main entree - especially a tuna special they had.

The color was a rich gold and I could tell it was going to be heavy bodied. For me, it had a rich pear and lemon taste. I didn't find it too sweet at all - sweet usually gives me a headache. It was fruit and lemon rich, but not too sweet, and it had a very silky and smooth finish.

"If all be true that I do think,
There are five reasons we should drink:
Good wine, a friend, or being dry,
Or lest we should be by and by,
Or any other reason why."

Henry Aldrich
Five Reasons for Drinking


8.5 out of 10
$14.99 / 750 bottle
(I don't have any other particulars as I did not keep the bottle.)

No comments: