Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Solaris Zinfandel

2003
NAPA Valley

I thoroughly enjoyed a glass of this in a restaurant bar this evening spur of the moment with some girlfriends following a wreath-making class. I was totally rushed and put on the spot after returning from the ladie's room. My fellow lady friends had all ordered beer and I had very little time to even look at a wine menu and the waitress was giving me the usual "red, white or beer" routine. She quickly gave me a wine menu and as I tried to concentrate on it, she was waiting for my order. I saw "NAPA Valley Zin" and went with it. Awesome quick choice.

I tasted blueberry for the first time and the finish was earthy and slightly spicey. Very good. I will be looking for a bottle of this in my local wine shop. A glass was $5.95. The internet indicates it would sell for approximately $15.99 / 750 ml bottle.

"Wine is the most healthful and most hygienic of beverages."
Louis Pasteur

8.25 out of 10
$15.99 / 750 ml bottle
http://www.solariswinery.com/

No comments: