Sunday, September 30, 2007

The 3rd Bottle White Table Wine

The Third Bottle
White Table Wine
Napa Valley, California

Will drink again.

This has been a great weekend for wine and posting. I'm up late and I don't care. I am working on a project for my grandmother's 90th birthday and it has forced me to learn how to get all the pix I've been taking for YEARS off the camera and into websites! I can now post pix of labels here and am so HAPPY! Last night's wine (posted here now) was great. I can't wait to post tonight's wine tomorrow - a 9.0 has been found THIS YEAR!!!!! Check back on 10/01 for the label.

This is a very drinkable, good wine - stand alone. Make it with the right meal and it's fabulous. If you'd like a SURE THING food pairing, please visit http://www.cheznathalie.com/ and prepare the Chicken Francaise, Lemon Noodles and Italian Spinach recipes I've posted there and serve this wine with it. You can't go wrong. This was an awesome, PERFECT pairing. Please note, the recipe calls for white wine in the chicken and I used The 3rd Bottle; I am of the mind set that you should absolutely use a wine that you would drink when called for in recipes - not the "cheap" stuff or worse, the "cooking" wine.

Very citrusy bouquet. The flavor was initially grapefruit, followed by a bit of butter, dryness and vanilla lemon. The flavor of the wine, and the meal, were complimented by each other. Excellent pairing.


Autumnal equinox,
in the Northern Hemisphere.
A time for farmers to bring in the crops,
and Autumn is finally here.
Cultural gatherings, festivals and rituals have begun,
sunset to moonrise is no longer so dark.
A narrow angle to the horizon is the plane of earth's orbit around the sun,
and winter has yet to leave its mark.
But the leaves will drop and cold will blow in soon,
so be merry and dance now under the Harvest Moon.

8.0 out of 10
$13.99 / 750 ml
13.5% alc. by vol.
http://www.gustavothrace.com/

No comments: