Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dashwood Sauvignon Blanc

2005
Marlborough
New Zealand

On the nose this wine presented with "limey" grapefruit. The taste was definitely sour, dry citrus. It was a quick high-acid finish. The balance just wasn't there for me. I am sure there is a food pairing to be had with this wine, but I don't exactly want to experiment further with it. I'd rather have someone out there tell me what it is, then I'll go back and try again.

Jump below for the final word.

scent on paper
provokes a quiet smile
in an unstoppable spread
an other place, an other time re-enters the atmosphere but for a little while
evokes an indescribable emotion
in a gentle flood
no words need ever be said

Would not choose to drink again unless accompanied by a Sure Thing food pairing.

7 out of 10
$14.99 / 750 ml bottle
13.5% alc. by vol.
http://www.vavasour.com/

No comments: