Thursday, May 31, 2007

Barefoot Pinot Grigio

The air is thick, my skin sticks
there is no breeze.
Nothing moves, no blade of grass
not one of any leaves in the trees.
Then, the greeness of the foliage becomes flourescent
backdrop to the blackening sky.
I raise my head and arms, knowing what's coming
and close my eyes.
The storm within me subsides as the wind begins to blow.
The outside-inside polarization calms me and I reach for my chilled Pinot Grigio.

Barefoot
Pinot Grigio

Totally refreshing well chilled on a hot day. My mother brought this over on Memorial Day along with three bottles of various reds. The Pinot was by far the most enjoyed by all. Although our food was fairly casual (burgers and dogs), I did also have grilled shrimp and I thoroughly enjoyed the Pinot with the shrimp tossed with leftover cold penne and grilled yellow, orange and red peppers and sweet onion.

Cheap. Really cheap. $5.99 but mom got it on sale for $4.99! Not bad at all.

7 out of 10

$5.99
California
www.barefootwine.com

No comments: