Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Brulwood Merlot

Some other place, another time
Some day never comes
And life goes by.
My daily thoughts confuse me and muddle my head,
Pour me two glasses of Merlot
And give me my bed.
Awaiting sleep I let go and let be,
Comforted by the oneness I've always felt within, to the earth, sky and sea.
And when I wake, I once again trust
That what was meant to be, will find a way indeed to one day be.

2004
Brulwood Merlot
California

Would drink again.

I don't believe this can be bought mainstream. It's a restaurant only brand actually put out by Gallo Cellars (I think).

My boss is going in for surgery and will be out for six weeks. We stayed late tonight preparing for his absence. We then had dinner together at a local Italian eatery. Though it was a very pleasant environment, it was a small place and it was casual. I knew better than to ask for a wine list. When I asked our server what they had for wine, she looked perplexed and I prayed she would not say "Red or White." It was one step above that: "We have Chianti, Merlot, and Cabarnet - one kind." The label was Brulwood. I was pleasantly surprised at the softness and flavor, and though it was not intense, it was more full bodied than I ever expected.

7 out of 10

$10.99 - $12.99 / bottle (from what I could find out on-line)

No comments: