Sunday, May 20, 2007

Two Tone Farm Chardonnay

California
2004

Would drink again.

Another screw top - this is becoming the way to go. Enjoyable on its own. I tend to like "oakiness" in my chardonnay - this does not have an oak taste to it. It is all fruit (pear) and butter. I stir fried chicken with fresh ginger and garlic in olive oil and put it over Romaine with celery, grape tomatoes, freshly grated parmesean and freshly ground black peppercorns. I was just going to have olive oil and lemon over it but I had a craving for Ranch. I thought for sure the Ranch dressing would make the Chardonnay less enjoyable, but it didn't at all. This Chardonnay was good on its own and with dinner.

7.25 out of 10

St. Helena, California
13.2% alc. by vol.
$10.99 / bottle

"Malolactic Fermentation is a second fermentation that lowers tart malic acids and increases the softer lactic acids, making for a richer style wine. The result is what many wine tasters refer to as a buttery bouquet."
From "Windows on the World Complete Wine Course" by Kevin Zraly

No comments: