Saturday, May 12, 2007

Food Pairing Update on Clos du Bois Zin (and a little more than I bargained for)

Though I made tacos for my children, I decided to make myself some "healthy" sweet Italian sausage (made with organic chicken and sweet red pepper and green pepper) and pair it with last night's Clos du Bois Zin (which recommends Italian Sausage as an accompaniment). It was slightly better. Probably by just over one half point more. For some reason, it hit me harder. I had less wine tonight and it effected me more.

I was quietly emotional and reflective and felt the wine warming me (which felt really good). Of course my custom CD playing in the background probably played a slight part in the overall experience as well - I went from listening to my Billie Holiday collection to The Beatles "Let It Be," Kansas' "Dust in the Wind," U2's "With or Without You," Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here," ending with Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes." I watched my beautiful children and listened to them just innocently talking and told them how very much they mean to me and how much I so want them to have a happy life and surround themselves with people who care about them, and how important family is, etc. They gave me that "Oh Geez, here she goes again" look and I just smiled. I just smiled. Yup - the strength seemed to be more pronounced finishwise. Of course, my appetite has diminished over the last two days. So I haven't had as much as I normally do to eat and it therefore probably had more of an effect on me even though it was less wine (About 2 full glasses last night versus one and a half tonight). Which brings me to another point: In the Wine Lover's diet book I've pseudo been following, women are supposed to limit themselves to one glass of wine per evening meal whereas men can have two full glasses without it being a detriment to health (and brain cells). That's just not really fair.

No comments: