Sunday, July 1, 2007

Ozwell Chardonnay

Ozwell Select Reserve
Australian Vintner's Chardonnay
2006

Yes I will indeed drink this again.

Oh that famous first guitar strum brings me all the way back.
It's a "Hard Day's Night" spent with John, Paul, George and Ringo,
and the train of what lies ahead has not yet left the track.
I'm six years old and in my room, playing my first 45.
Happiness surrounds me: Great Grandma Dexter's post cards, Barbies, and teddy bears;
life ahead just beginning, me and the Beatles exist in time, each very much alive.
1970, John, and George, all gone with the toll of a bell, the music plays now but it's yesterday.
Thirty-seven years have just blown by.
Memories linger in my glass of Ozwell Chardonnay.

I have enjoyed a glass of this Chardonnay for the last (3) nights with what I ate and by itself too. It tasted great with everything and on its own. For me it was a bargain for the price. Buttery lemon oak.

8 out of 10
$11.99 / 1.5 L bottle (on sale for $9.99)
13.0% alc. by vol.
South Eastern Australia

No comments: