Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Banrock Station Chardonnay

South Eastern Australia
2006

Would drink again.

May my children, and your children, and their children, never forget,
what our forefathers cast with their blood, tears and sweat.
Our future must remain, under God, one nation;
indivisible come what may.
So I raise my glass of Banrock Station,
to all those who came before, all those now at war, and to our America on this her birthday.

The first glass was good. I tasted crisp fruit - peachlike, and definite oak flavors which I like. I enjoyed it. The second glass I had later was different, though still good. At that point I had it alongside a chilled bowl of bowtie pasta marinated in olive tapenade with roasted peppers and garlic. The wine had more of a "bite" accompanied by the dish.

Another of Kevin Zraly's recommended "Once-A-Week" wines.

Love the "Good Earth, Fine Wine" sentiment.

7.75 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$11.99 / 1.5L
http://www.banrockstation.com/

No comments: