Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon

Beringer Founder's Estate
California
2004

"Parachutes" collection,
melting the tension away.
Absorbing the mellowness,
listening to "Cold Play".
The voice of Chris Martin,
mingling with Beringer Cabernet.

Might drink again.

I'm disappointed. Forever disappointed. Searching for something I cannot find.

The Beringer Founder's Reserve is not bad, it's just not that great either. Maybe with the right food pairing. Actually, this is one of the wines on Kevin Zraly's "Once-a-Week Wines" list. Although it's acceptable, my first swallow reaction was a "cheap, too berry taste." I'm going to let it sit a bit and try again later. Not much finish. Though not an exceptional vintage, 2004 North Coast Cabs are one of the "best bets". I thought I'd be doing all right.

7.5 out of 10
$11.99 / For the big one
13.9% alc. by vol.
http://www.beringer.com/beringer/home.jsp



No comments: