Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kistler Cuvee Natalie

2007 Pinot Noir
Silver Belt Vineyard
Bottle No. 05109 (12,456 bottles produced)
California

The Dead Arm Shiraz, The Holy Trinity and Kistler's Cuvee Natalie. Those, so far, are my top three wines of my life. :)

I had a wonderful winetasting week last week and have listed my Thanksgiving week wines on the left of this blog which I will be reviewing. However, following the fantastic wines from last week, I opened this. Cuvee Natalie easily moved to the top of the posting list.

Let me tell you, it is recommended to let this age for the next 10 years, and I can't imagine how incredibly awesome it might evolve to as it was beyond pretty darn good right now. The scent is black fruit with warm, slightly sweet baking spice mixed with herbs. The flavor is right on with the scent and is LONG and heated and really SMOOTH with a subtle minerality (it's a bit like ME actually - hah!). A most excellent wine.

This wine was a gift from my Uncle Bob and it was indeed a gift. We loved it SO much that we have savored it. I shared some with my mother when she dropped by last night. I gave her half a glass which she downed in no time, commenting on how delicious it was with each sip. After she finished, she reached over and popped the cork again and said she wanted "just a little bit more". Yes! It is that good. You don't want to take it or leave it. You just want to take it. Yet, you also want to leave it . . . for later. Because you just don't want it to be gone.

Robert Parker gave this a 94-96 rating.


I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice when I'm not around

~RADIOHEAD~


9.5 out of 10
14.1% alc. by vol.
:0 $120 - $159/750 ml. bottle :0 (clears throat, not quite budget material)
www.kistlervineyards.com (You can buy it direct from the vineyard for *only* $90)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.