Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Stag's Leap ARTEMIS


2006
Cabernet Sauvignon
NAPA

Oh. That's so more like it. I am content. The Bro and I went wine shopping tonight - he did the purchasing and we brought home some good stuff. The Artemis gave off a braised meat-herb sent and tasted like black berry fruit with rosemary mixed in. I loved it. The Bro (I have to find a new handle for him - not only does he hate it, but I do too) wasn't sure at first and thought there wasn't much of a finish. I experienced a subtle, slow to arrive finish that was just fine. The Guy liked the tannins he experienced right off. Once we introduced aged Old Quebec cheddar cheese and La Panzanella Croccantini peppercorm crackers to the wine, we were all pretty happy. Something about the peppercorns brought the wine to a new level. Highly recommend.

This wine on-line is regularly $55, on sale for $47. The Bro and I found it locally at a regular price of $48, on sale for $37. The taste and sale price are well matched. I highly recommend this wine if you can get it for the lower price. I think $55 would be paying too much. $48 would be pushing it.


May no man's touch ever tame you.
May no man's reigns ever chain you,
And may no man's weight
ever lay freight your soul...


And as for the clouds
Just let them roll
. . .

Roll away

RAY LaMONTAGNE


8.25 out of 10
$37 / 750 ml. bottle (on Sale)
13.8% alc. by vol.

No comments: