Monday, December 28, 2009

Sonoma-Cutrer


2007
Chardonnay
Russian River Ranches

We went out to dinner tonight thanks to my mother-in-law and had a good dinner, though way too pricey. I had a glass of my old favorite Nora Albarino, 2007, but it just didn't taste as good as the first time. So, when my dinner came (shrimp with green beans and peas and garlic aioli sauce) I switched. I told the waitress I liked a heavier wine and she gave me a glass of the Sonoma-Cutrer. It was perfect with my shrimp. It was creamy lemon with butter and minerality. A nice match to both the shrimp and a bite I had of my stepfather-in-law's lobster and spinach provolone mac and cheese.

The highlight of my night was Dustin Hoffman showed up. I am a sucker for Hollywood types. I contained myself though and didn't act like a fool. Unlike the wait staff who came out of the woodwork to wait on him and ask him if he needed anything, repeatedly! Even the chef made a miraculous appearance shortly after he arrived. She acted casually, bringing out dinner to a table that she barely paid attention to. But on her return to the kitchen she made a strategic b-line to his table.

Anyway, I hate it when things are way over-priced, and our meal was for sure. But I enjoyed my wine with my meal. I just won't make a hearty attempt to return to that restaurant in the near future.

I'll bet she's beautiful
That girl he talks about
And she's got everything
That I've had to live without


-Taylor Swift-


8.0 out of 10
$19/750 ml. bottle

No comments: