Monday, February 18, 2008

Vitiano Cabernet Merlot-Sangiovese



2005
Falesco
Umbria, Italia

Probably won't intentionally drink again.

I have to be careful here to not hurt The Guy's feelings. He brought this home proudly. He even saved it for a few days until I made lasagna. He was disappointed when he tasted it and, I have to admit, the bouquet gave the impression it was going to be very good. The taste started off with immediate blackberry flavor and slight pepper, then it totally petered out into a thin, dry, metallic taste. Disappointing. I was making dinner when we tried it, so we didn't have it with food. The Guy decided it needed some cheddar crackers and cheese. Once he tasted it again following his "appetizer" he said it was "much better". So I did the same only I didn't find it to be much better. However, it was better with the lasagna and a garlic-oregano bagquette.

Bottom line: It tasted it's price.

No poems, no thoughts, just a song occupying my head for days:

Searching for an answer
Where the question is unseen
I don't know where you came from
And I dont know where you've gone
Old friends become old strangers
Between the darkness and the dawn
Amen omen
Will I see your face again
Amen omen
Can I find the place within
To live my life without you

Amen Omen
Ben Harper


7.0 out of 10
$8-$10 / 750 ml bottle
13% alc. by vol
http://www.winebow.com/

No comments: