Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two Hands Bella's Garden


2005
Shiraz
Barossa Valley (OMG - an absolute "Hands Down" favorite - Big surprise coming from the Barossa Valley [facetious statement - let me lay down forever in the Barossa Valley]), dead even with the likes of Dead Arm and probably Two Hands Gnarly Dudes - though Gnarly Dudes was MUCH cheaper)
Australia

This wine was excellent. The Guy said, and I quote: "This is good with pickles, this is good with ketchup, this is good with anything." He insisted we have this tonight - no special occasion, no decent menu (turkey burgers and salad) - as if The Guy's statement didn't give that one away. I really wasn't ready to open it. Certainly not with tonight's dinner, or on a Tuesday night of all nights - but it held up nicely regardless. Though I'm feeling a little like Christmas is over. Nothing to look forward to now (oh, except for Lily's Garden).

The color of this wine was just beautiful. It was practically black with subdued neon purple on the outside top ring. Very smooth, smooth, smooth blackberry bouquet and taste (did I mention smooth?). Lingering finish with consistent taste. Warmth all the way down but not too much. Just a perfect balance.

This was another "trade" so the price is not "budget" material. But if you've got the dough, lay it down sister, or brother.

Wine Spectator Rating: 94
Wine Enthusiast Rating: 92

Never can say the things I so need to say,
So I keep them running in my head every day;
Running continuously, can't get away.
They give me no peace,
only lost energy spent.
I must say them or force them to forever be acquiescent.
Take the road less travelled and don't look back say some,
Ah, so much easier said then done.

9.0 out of 10
15.2% alc. by vol.
$65 / 750 ml bottle (I've seen it for$35 on sale)
http://www.paternowines.com/

No comments: