Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two Hands Lily's Garden Shiraz


2005
McLaren Vale
Australia

Would definitely drink again if given the opportunity -not a budget wine.

This was leftover from the winter - it was a trade for baked goods. It was excellent. I highly recommend it if you've got nothing better to do with $50.

I was honestly extremely worried as I accidentally put this in the garage back in January thinking it was empty :0 It must have been out there for a few weeks before I was going through empties and discovered it was full (and very cold). Apparently, no harm was done! (whew!)

I had it alone as we were only having black beans and brown rice and salad for dinner. However, after dinner I was making a pasta salad for my daughter's school and popped one penne with sauteed garlic all over it into my mouth. I then had another sip of the Shiraz and found the garlic flavor was wonderfully enhanced. So, who knows? Maybe it would be good with a heavy garlic dish.

Beautiful dark purple hue, strong aroma of rich fruit and spice, taste of blackberry, licorice, slight vanilla, awesome spicy long finish.

It's time for saying goodbye
Cause if I stay here too long
You'd get to know me too well
And find that something was wrong
The time is perfect to go
Before the curtain descends
Right now when both of us know
That everything's got to end
If i don't see you again . . .

. . . Are you gonna be the one to save me
Doesn't look like the future is clearing . . .

Neil Diamond, If I Don't See You Again

(Off the "Home Before Dark" new acoustic release - Awesome - reminiscent of his early 1970's albums that I personally love so much)

Wine Spectator 94
Robert Parker 95

9.0 out of 10
$50 - $60 / 750 ml. bottle
14.8% alc. by vol
http://www.twohandswines.com/

No comments: