Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peachy Canyon Zinfandel



2005
Paso Robles
California



Might drink again with a well-paired food match.

By scent alone, I thought I would enjoy this wine. It had a sort of dusty cherry scent. But upon tasting, it was "thin" and more light bodied than I care for. There was a slight finish, but it was high alcohol more than flavor.

That was prior to food and, as it was The Guy's B'Day, I was grilling one of the better parts of a poor cow :( for his B'Day dinner. I thought perhaps the Zin would blossom with the steak. NOT. :( Just disappointing.

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are

Fragile, Sting

7.5 out of 10
$12 / 750 ml bottle
13.9% alc. by vol.

No comments: