Thursday, May 8, 2008

Chateau Andriet

2003
Bordeaux Superieur
France
75% Merlot / 25% Cabernet Franc

Will drink again.

I really enjoyed this full-bodied wine, though I don't remember much about it as it's been a week since I had it! I know it had a distinct flavor and I liked it on its own as well as with food. It was slightly earthy, but more herb-like (thyme especially).


At the age of 13, I don't believe I had quite the maturity level, nor vocabulary, as my first born child does at the same age. I am in awe of her abilities and wisdom. We struggle, she and I, but I love her so VERY much. The world is totally her oyster and I wish I had the power in myself at that age that she has.

This is hers:

"ROSE"

Bud opening its eyes for the very first time
Crimson petals soft as silk,
A beauty so rare.

Roots stretching their legs
Growing and spreading; never-ending,
Reaching down to the earth's fiery core.

Thorns jutting out in every direction
Screaming bone-chilling agony,
A disease spreading up and down its stem.

Dewdrops resting silently in its dark radiance
Crying for its magnificence,
A mystery within.




8.0 out of 10
$13 / 750 ml bottle

No comments: