Monday, June 30, 2008

Clos Du Bois Sauvignon Blanc



2006
North Coast
California

(Please note - the two photos here are of La Segreta - the wine I had recently at a restaurant that I liked. The Guy ordered it from one wine shop, and I ordered it from another. Both came in today. It was a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken, creamy parmesean risotto, and buttery spinach.)

A very bad photo of the Clos Du Bois exists below - venture forth if you will. :)

Matt & Corrine - Thank you for your comment - I have responded if you check back to your Renwood note. Thank you again, for stopping by and for giving me incentive to give it a go one more time.

Onto the Clos Du Bois review:

Will drink again - with seafood next time.

The Guy
, with the best of intentions I'm sure, thought he'd bring me home my favorite summertime staple: Clos Du Bois . . . Chardonnay. He brought home a BIG bottle of the Sauvignon Blanc instead. I actually had not had it before - because I am not particularly fond of Sauvignon Blanc as I don't like a zip to my wine - I like it more heavy bodied and smooth. Anyway, I "suffered" through a couple of glasses and actually found I enjoyed the flavor. It was good with a simple grilled chicken Caesar Salad. A bit citrusy with melon, it had a slight woodsy finish that I liked.

The next evening, in the sweltering heat of my Cape's upstairs, after struggling to put in air conditioners, I poured myself a glass in my newly cleaned bedroom, plucked myself in front of the air conditioner in my great, great grandmother's mahogany rocker, and turned on Rock Hudson and Doris Day in the 1961 classic Lover Come Back (that's Rock up there on the screen in my blurred photo, along with a ripped wine label) and sipped in comfort and pleasantry.




Falling forward, her head splits
Too much of herself shown
Warrior princess turned feeble-minded waif
Tumbling forward into the unknown

Unaccepted the way she really is
Held in high regard for something she's not
The words hurt her eyes
His disappointment echoing like a gun shot

No wind can blow the sound away
Nor reverse the hole
The residual frustration
Now burns her soul



7.75 out of 10
13.5% alc. by vol.
$23 / 1.5 L
closdubois.com

No comments: