Saturday, June 28, 2008

La Segreta Planeta

2005
Bianco
Sicily, Italia


Will drink again. Very enjoyable.

A blend of Grecanico, Chardonnay, Viognier, and Fiano, I loved this wine that I had at one of my favorite local area restaurants. It very nicely accompanied a ricotta olive appetizer spread on crostini bread, as well as my walnut, gorgonzola salad and my main entree of salmon, risotto cake and asparagus. Full and dry, the flavor was very distinct with a fruitful combo of pineapple meets peach. It had a wonderful, slight mineral finish for a white wine.

Although it is not a staple in local wine shops, I've requested it and hope to get my own bottle soon.

Softly in her sleep
Pictures of the life she's longing
For slowly appear
She's seen them all before
But somehow never quite this clear
She just smiles, she don't want the world

The open wound she hides
She just keeps it bundled up
And never lets it show
She can't take much more of this
But she can't let it go
And that's ok, she don't want the world

All the things she says
While he's just lying there
Without someone to hear her cry
She slips off into a dream
About a place to hide
And that's ok, she don't want the world

3 Doors Down, She Don't Want the World


8.25 out of 10
$14 / 750 ml bottle

No comments: