Sunday, June 15, 2008

SHOTFIRE Shiraz


2005
BAROSSA BABY!!!!!
Australia

Will so drink again.

Father's Day pick - I knew it would be safe. I find Shiraz goes nicely with grilled anything and I know the Barossa Valley produces distinct, flavorful reds.

Chocolate and vanilla meet smokey plum. Strong finish. Earthy and smokey scent. Great alone and with grilled chicken with garlic, sweet onion, red pepper, and creamy parmesean risotto.

So I hid my soiled hands behind my back
Somewhere along the line I must've gone off track with you
. . .Well, excuse me, guess I've mistaken you for somebody else,
Somebody who gave a damn,
Somebody more like myself.
. .
These foolish games are tearing me apart,
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart.
You're breaking my heart.


JEWEL / FOOLISH GAMES !
8.25 out of 10

14.0% alc. by vol.
$12/750 ml. bottle
www.thornclarkewines.com

No comments: