Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Renwood Sierra Series


2003
Barbera
California

Might drink again.

This was pretty good I guess :# - The Guy really liked it. It was good, just too weak for my liking - more on the lighter side than medium. I thought it accompanied turkey meatballs and spinach well. The Guy liked it all the way around - alone, with food, in front of the computer, upside down with a spoonful of Italian Ice.

A spicy, hot cherry scent, it was slightly peppery, subtle fruit and a slight olive finish.

You don't know about my past, and
I don't have a future figured out.
And maybe this is going too fast.
And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,
What do you say to jumping off the edge?
Never knowing if there's solid ground below
Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,
What do you say,
What do you say?

Celine Dion, "Taking Chances"

7.5 out of 10
$10 / 750 ml. bottle
13.5% alc. by vol.
www.redwood.com

2 comments:

CWW said...

I just finished reading the majority of your blogs, and I want to thank you for doing this! It's really nice to see your point of view, and it not be too pretentious or too 10th grader-"ish". I must ask you if you would consider also posting the stores where you buy this wine, or at least giving recommendations, because they all seem very foreign from what I've seen at the local "Liquor-In" - can you give some feedback?

merlotsoul said...

Matt & Corinne,

Thank you so much for stopping by. As my stores are small local shops, I don't think they'd do you much good. I'm in Ct and my brother is in NY. Wines he recommends to me, I can't find in my local shops, and wines I recommend to him he can't find in his. It varies so much from state to state, town to town. I think your best bet would be to visit Gary Vaynerchuk's Wine Library out of Springfield, NJ "http://winelibrary.com/" - You can order on-line. He's got an extensive selection and can get most anything.

I appreciate your comments as I've been considering throwing in the bag. You've made me reconsider for at least another week. :) Thank you.