Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

2008
Vintner's Reserve
California

I haven't had this in a while, probably not even this vintage ever - can't remember. I know I posted something earlier here. My workout partner likes it for her every day summer Chard, so I had the Guy pick it up on his way home this weekend. I had some last night with grilled asparagus and chicken wraps. Then I had more tonight with grilled shrimp, mushrooms, onions and brown rice. I enjoyed it once again. This wine seems to be relatively consistent from vintage to vintage - which is somewhat remarkable. It is very fruit tropical and citrus-filled with a creamy edge. Not bad for an every day wine.

However, tonight the Guy surprised me and brought home Clos Du Bois Chardonnay, 2008, which is more my style and slightly blows the KJ out of the water. I will give it a review in a few days. I know we are having a Malbec with Easter dinner at my mom's tomorrow so that will take precedence over the Clos Du Bois, but I WILL get back to it.

I made a shocking discovery this evening: my text library does not recognize the word "Chardonnay" - I need to somehow make that more regular! :)













8.0 out of 10
13.5 % alc. by vol.
$13/750 ml. bottle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie,

My name is Rocky and I work for Kendall-Jackson. Thanks for rating us! We're glad you included us in your "excellent" category!

Clos Du Bois also makes a great product, so you must have great taste!

If you'd like to connect with us on Twitter please follow us at @kjwines. We're already following you! We also are on Facebook at http://facebook.com/kjwines

We have several other wines that don't see many of your day-to-day stores. There just might be a Chardonnay within that group that would get a 10 ;)

Of course, I'm biased.