Monday, July 7, 2008

Recent Wine and Food Pairings


La Segreta
2005
Sicilian White Wine

I recently reviewed this wine, however, I wanted to check back to write of it's deliciousness with Parmesean risotto and grilled chicken and peppers. As it was my mother who treated me to dinner out when I first tasted this wine, I ordered a few bottles and had she and my stepdad over for dinner recently to enjoy the wine again with a slightly different menu. I made risotto and we grilled chicken and peppers (and zucchini too) and the wine accompanied it well. In addition, it went well with Cabot Sharp Cheddar and Carr's crackers (mixed variety).












Liberty School
2005
Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon


I reviewed this back on March 11th, but just wanted to add how good it tasted recently again with shrimp, bowties, fresh parmesean, and spinach. Also, it accompanied mushroom pizza very well a few nights later.












If you want it
Come and get it
Crying out loud
The love that I was
Giving you was
Never in doubt
Let go your heart
Let go your head
And feel it now

-David Gray, Babylon
oubt
el it now

1 comment:

Denise Clarke said...

Looks totally wonderful ... I will have to copy it!

Denise

http://www.WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com